kelly green home decor

Green staircase runner from Desire to Inspire | Green chevron chest from House Beautiful | Green draperies from Veranda Magazine, via Verdigris Vie | Green accented Bathroom from Easy Living Magazine

I don’t tend to gravitate towards green for home decor for some unknown reason. In fact, just a quick glance around our house reveals nothing green. Nada. Zilch. I think I need to get my head checked because these kelly green hued homes are simply GORGEOUS! The color is so vibrant that it creates a really fun and modern atmosphere that I would be happy to be enveloped in every day. Since my black thumb prevents me from having plants around, I’m starting to think that I should start sneaking in greenery via decor picks :-) Is anyone else amazed that floor length bright green curtains could look so elegant with the right styling? Stunning!

12 Responses to the emerald city

1. Stephanie says:

There is definitely something very fresh and energizing about the color green! Great inspiration photos!

2. alexa says:

Ah emerald. So gorgeous. And a great color for spring!

3. i hear you! I was like you, but working on it – actually last fall I made a bold move and got us the green velvet IKEA couch. It was so unlike me, but now I really love it. My favorite way to add green to a home though really is through plants – can’t go wrong with that!

4. allison says:

This makes me want to ditch my white and gray color pallet and make everything Emerald!!! I love this, the dresser is especially awesome!

5. Allie Mackin says:

Funny I did a post on this same topic once, it is true you do not see green used a lot in interior design with the exception of floral touches but when done well it looks great.

Allie of ALLIE NYC

6. lena says:

Definitely not a pinch of green in our apartment either, but boy does it look good!

7. Such a happy color! Love the round up!

8. Jane Y. says:

i would love it if my bathroom looked like that. i love having a white background with a splash of color in the decor or furniture. and green is pretty!

9. Ada says:

All these have the perfect ‘dose’ of green. I love them all. Now, I want to paint my console zig zagwith chevron coolness; )

Those gorgeous green curtains. Yes!

11. Alison says:

That green stair case with polka dot walls is just so unexpectedly pretty! Great inspiration :)

12. Erin says:

Not only are those curtains the perfect color in that room, they’re also the perfect length. They pool so beautifully!! xo