Warning: Use of undefined constant photo_source - assumed 'photo_source' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/gchen/webapps/blog/wp-content/themes/lww_2014/loop-single.php on line 51
I’ve collected a few temporary tattoos over the years that I don’t feel like I can really rock now as a grown ass adult, so I set out to see if they would adhere to something other than my biceps. And you know what I found out? THEY TOTALLY DO! Tattoo collection = salvaged!
First I gathered up my supplies:
- a completely flat white plate from CB2, which provided the perfect canvas for this experiment
- this adorable zebra tattoo from Gumtoo – be sure to check out their great selection of fun tatts!
And then I applied the tattoo exactly like how you would normally, just substituting “plate” for “skin”:
- Clean the plate by wiping it down with a bit of rubbing alcohol, and make sure it’s completely dry
- Remove the tattoo’s clear protective covering, and place it face down wherever you’d like on the plate
- Place a wet paper towel against it and gently press down until it’s thoroughly wet. Wait 30 seconds, then carefully peel off the paper backing
- Dab away any excess water, and your newly inked plate is ready for some trinkets once it’s all dry!
The tattoo adheres quite well, but you can also add a coat of clear gloss to make your design permanent. Otherwise, it’s removable using rubbing alcohol and elbow grease, so you can revamp your plate over and over again – think of all the possibilities!