Diana Beltran Herrera

via Lost in Internet

Back when I was living with a roommate, a bird once flew into our building and became trapped in the small entryway. We were SO scared to pass through the barrage of panicky flapping wings that we were both super late to work that morning – total babies, I know. These beautiful paper birds though? I would happily fill my whole house with these! The intricate layers of feathers and the incredible detailing of each sculpture make them look like they could fly away at any moment. Check out the whole flock by Colombian artist Diana Beltran Herrera here!

11 Responses to fly away with Diana Beltran Herrera

1. Sally says:

These are absolutely amazing, and gorgeous too! The skills and patients of paper-cut artists always completely blows my mind!

2. Regina says:

They are gorgeous, what a find, her creativity & skills are beautiful. I love when a see something that is original & beautiful like her art.

Thanks for sharing

3. Ju says:

It sure takes a lot of patience and talent to create something so beautiful!

4. Laicie says:

Breathtaking! (And I’m sure I would’ve done the same. ;) )

5. Erin says:

….but what happened to the bird in your apartment?? Did it fly out? Did you domesticate it and name it something fun like Noodles? Inquiring minds! xo

• Gloria says:

Haha I wish it was that exciting! We barreled through the doors and told our landlord, who lived in the basement apartment. By the time I got back from work, our feathered friend was gone. I hope Noodles is living happily in a tree somewhere in the neighborhood!

6. These are really pretty! A bright, colorful bird would be super cute in a nursery or playroom.

7. lena says:

How AMAZING!!

8. Wow, what unbelievable talent! The colors and textures of the birds are just so pretty! That must have been pretty horrifying, I hope it wasn’t a pigeon!

9. Mariko says:

I love paper art & these birds are gorgeous. We used to have birds fly down our chimney and get caught in our house all the time. We were so accustomed to it be basically had protocols all set out for when it happened, including blankets and a system for barricading the cats.

Holy hell – how many hours do you think goes into making one bird?!