Toby the French bulldog tantrum

Behold, Toby’s new trick of the summer! He calls it the “I kindly disagree with the direction we’re going in”, alternatively known as “I wish to sniff this rock for an extra 30 minutes. Please go on without me”. It is simultaneously hilarious and frustrating, as passersby scoot around us and giggle at the scenario – me desperately trying to get his butt off the ground, and Toby pretending he has no bones in his entire body. We’re a regular Laurel & Hardy act! Luckily he’s turning 3 next month, so hopefully these Terrible Two tantrums will soon be ancient history…fingers crossed. Otherwise we may have to invest in a little red wagon to pull him home in :-) Happy Friday!

17 Responses to the terrible twos

1. domestikate says:

Ah ha ha I’ve just seen this – hard not to laugh!

2. Emily says:

haha! This is too adorable! If only kids were this adorable when they do it.

3. jen says:

i love this post!! my pup (howie) also plops here and there when he’s had enough, but toby !! tooo cute!!

4. Barbara says:

This made my day!

5. Lori says:

This is too cute! I love it.
    Have a great weekend!

6. Stephanie says:

Ahh, the terrible two’s! My non-furry girls actually became sassier when they turned three. :P Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

7. Victoria says:

Oh my! I’ve never seen anything like this lol! So hilarious, but I can see how this may be a little frustrating. Oh Toby!!

8. Jane Y. says:

:) haha so adorable!! have a great weekend!

9. This is too funny! My dog does the same thing, she crouches down and refuses to leave! That is why they call August the dog days of summer :)

10. lena says:

I had the very same experience with our borrowed pup on the train this morning! He just flopped himself to the floor and refused to get up!

11. erin w says:

it’s good to hear that others have this issue too! my frenchton, angus, loves to pull his move on walks and especially when i tell him he can’t say hello to neighbors, except he flips over on his back and wiggles his legs in the air. it’s pretty often that he slides down the hill behind our house that way when we’re on our way back inside. it’s hilarious, but SO ANNOYING.

12. Jen says:

I would totally pay to see you walking Toby down the sidewalk in a little red wagon. Ha!

13. Anna says:

My little chiweenie Olive does the EXACT SAME THING. Ugh. You love them but seriously question their dilly dallying motives.

14. Hannah says:

Ha! This looks TOTALLY familiar. My pit bull mix Samson will pull the same business every time we get home from the dog park. He takes coaxing to get out of the car, and then we have to rush to the door before he decides he has no bones and lays down, immovable, on the sidewalk — or more often, in the middle of the street. We’ve had drivers pull over and jump out of their cars, saying, “Oh no! What happened? Was he hit by a car?” No, luckily, I just have the world’s most stubborn pup when he gets tired.

15. Jillian says:

TOBY! He’s adorable even when he’s being defiant.

16. Erin says:

I am cracking up!! Toby, you are such a little character!! I’ve seen other dogs refuse to walk, but usually they just stand there obstinately. I’ve never seen one flat out lay down! It’s like those videos of cats being walked on leashes, they do the same thing, haha. xo

Oh Toby! So all of a sudden, Ryon’s behavior has regressed and he’s starting to be SUCH a jerk about things. Someone needs a lesson in manners, quick