Hi there, Little White Whale readers!! I’m Laicie, from the blog A Thousand Threads, and I’m so excited to be filling in while Gloria is away.
Gloria is hands-down one of my favorite people on the internet (and in real life!) so when she asked for a guest post I knew I wanted it to be good… something special enough to live up to all of the mind-blowingly awesome things she shares day in and day out.
And when I thought about it, my mind kept coming back to one thing – because what, I ask you, is better than grilled peaches? Not only are they melt-in-your-mouth delicious by themselves… but add carbs, cheese, and rosemary and I’m more than in. Plus this whole meal is as easy to whip up as firing up the grill… something we’re doing a lot of these days, making the most of those last few days of warmth before the winter sets in.
Grilled Peach Tartine
1 baguette, split and sliced
4 medium-sized peaches, sliced
8oz soft goat cheese
2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- Mix goat cheese and rosemary and set aside.
- Toss sliced peaches in a drizzling of olive oil. Brush sliced side of baguette with the same.
- Place peach slices on hottest part of grill, just long enough to sear, about 30-45 seconds. Rotate and sear once more.
- Grill bread, sliced side down, just until toasted.
- Assemble toasted bread with goat cheese, then grilled peaches, and drizzle with chardonnay honey glaze.
Chardonnay Honey Glaze
1/3 cup chardonnay
1/2 cup honey
Bring ingredients to a simmer and reduce by half. Cool and serve.
Laicie is not only one of the funniest and most down to earth people you’ll ever meet, but she’s also a force to be reckoned with in the kitchen! Go visit A Thousand Threads for more delicious recipes and beautifully written posts about her everyday adventures!