30 days of thanks printable

“The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles.” – William Penn

I came across this quote a few weeks ago, and it really resonated with me as I’ve been stuck in a rut of negative thinking for a while. Social media has made it much too easy for me to get caught up in other people’s perfectly styled homes and families, their incredible careers, and all the other things that make me think “If only I had X, Y, and Z, I could be that fabulous too!” The problem, of course, is that X, Y, and Z never quite ends at Z, does it? It’s an unending list that only gets longer and longer the more you chase it, and you won’t be accomplishing it all in this lifetime, that’s for sure.

So instead of wallowing over what’s out of my reach right now, I’ll be redirecting my energy towards all the awesome things I DO have in my life by writing down something I’m grateful for every day this month. If you’d like to join me in celebrating all the good in your life, I’ve created a printable PDF that you can download right here.

PS. I attended a calligraphy workshop taught by Mon Voir a few weeks ago, and this is my first attempt at lettering! I obviously have a long ways to go, but I’m having lots of fun practicing and learning my way around pens and inks.

14 Responses to 30 days of thanks printable

1. Pingback: friday 5: diy fruit coasters

2. Pingback: friday 5 - hint water & hint fizz

3. i needed this! i’ve def been having moments of instagram/blog envy lately! i’m downloading now!
    and i’ve always wanted to take a calligraphy class! if only i didn’t live in the middle of no where! :-/

4. Kim says:

this is so awesome :)
    during the holidays it’s sometimes easy to get carried away with commercialism but it’s really about reflecting on all the great things we have to be thankful for :)
    thanks for the reminder and pretty list :)

5. Yes yes yes!! I have started thinking less about what I do not have, and instead, start being thankful for everything I do have in my life! It does wonders for your attitude, right?! This printable is SO cute, Gloria! I’m downloading right NOW!! I’m going to hang it on my wall to remind myself of what I’m thankful for each day.

6. Jen says:

I’m right there with you on the negative rut front. I’ve been trying to dig myself out too. Love this idea. And I LOVE the calligraphy!

7. Jessica says:

Oh wow I thought that was a font… Your calligraphy skills are amazing! I also focus too much on other peoples perfect lives when I really just need to focus on all the positive and happy things in my own :)

8. Mariko says:

Great idea. And the design is lovely. I’ve always have a soft spot for calligraphy.

9. Erin says:

I hear you, girl. I think this is an unfortunate symptom of the blog/instagram/social media culture we all exist in. Beautiful photos and posts always inspire a little bit of envy, but I love how you’re redirecting that energy to gratitude. Lovely lettering, too! xo

10. I love this, Gloria! It’s so easy to get lost in that thicket of “if onlys…” and doing a list like this would be a great way to redirect a negative thought pattern into something positive :)

11. This is great, and you hit the nail on the head. It is so hard to keep up believe me I know the feeling too. You do amazing work remember that :)

No, the list of things you “could” have is never-ending. I love November because of Thanksgiving and because it reminds me to be grateful of everything that I do have. Thank you for providing this little reminder for us

13. Jane Y. says:

such a great thing for the month of november! and that’s pretty neat that you went to a calligraphy class. it looks great! i would love to try but i’m afraid i’ll fail miserably! D:

14. what a wonderful idea gloria. it’s so easy in the world of blogging and social media to compare yourself to others, so i love the idea to take a step back everyday and give thanks to all of the amazing things we have in our lives.