While we were out Black Friday shopping last week, I bought a bag of small wooden knobs at the crafts store with the intention of using them as wall hooks. Then Hubs had to pick up something at Home Depot, so Toby and I meandered around through the store while he was gathering up his doodads, and we stumbled upon the treasure trove known as the tile section. I found a good sized ceramic tile adorned with a lovely marble pattern for only $2(!!) and quickly realized I could combine the two to create a SUPER easy DIY tray. And when I say easy, I mean like 5 minutes easy.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- a pretty ceramic tile (I used this 9″x13″ one from Home Depot)
- 4 wooden ball knobs (mine were 1 1/2 inch in size)
- super glue
- Turn over the tile and figure out where you want to place the feet
- Liberally apply superglue to the flat top of one the knobs, and attach it to the tile. The glue dries quickly, so you’ve gotta work fast!
- Repeat with the other 3 knobs
- Flip the tile right-side-up, and weight it with something heavy, preferably with your collection of awesome Harry Potter books, to help set the glue
- Carefully wash and dry the surface of the tile
- Time to load it up with some tasty treats!
I tried painting the wooden feet in a rich metallic gold color, but it looked too flashy with the marble design in a Tony Montana sort of way, so that idea was scrapped. I rather like the super simple and modern combination of white ceramic and light colored wood, and I’ll be able to use this baby all year round!