just do it resolution

Hello strangers! I was enjoying my social media break so much that getting back into the groove of blogging took a bit longer than planned, but I’m excited to be back to catch up on everything that’s been going on with all of you over the past few weeks!

I haven’t really found much success in the wide-eye tradition of drafting up outrageously optimistic resolutions for the new year – things usually go off the rails pretty quickly despite my best efforts. Instead, I’ve decided to adopt one mantra for the year: Just Do It (please don’t sue me, Nike). You see, I can be quite skilled at talking myself out of lots of things I would love to do otherwise – creative endeavors, job opportunities, or even silly small things like attending cool meet ups/events where I don’t know anyone else. Initial feelings of excitement often fade away as I hem and haw over every minor detail until I become fully convinced it’s a terrible idea that isn’t worth the effort to pursue. It’s increasingly frustrating to look back and see what could have been accomplished if I had only just sucked it up and tried, so this year I’m going to try to debate myself less. Less over thinking things and more doing, whatever the outcome may be. Bring it on, 2015!

15 Responses to 2015: just do it

1. Pingback: JULY – jenniesibbald

2. Angela says:

Such a good mantra for the year. I hadn’t really heard of people choosing words or phrases instead of resolutions until this year and I decided to give it a try. ‘fulfillment’ is what I’m going with! I figure, not only should I do things that are fulfilling, but I should find what’s fulfilling instead even mundane things… Hopefully leading to a more positive outlook!

Oh, and a social media break sounds so good right now!

3. Erin says:

This is such a good resolution, G. I wholly support it, as taking big leaps has always paid off in the end in amazing ways. You have to take the risk! You should do a year-in-review at the end of 2015 to see if you stuck to this goal. xo

4. Deb 'N Cats says:

Ooooh… I’m an expert in “Be prepared for whatever could go wrong that won’t”. There’s being prepared and then there’s, well, I know exactly what you’re talking about. Cheers to just doing it, whatever it happens to be.

5. Stephanie says:

I like it! :) Glad you’re back to blogging!

I’m excited to see what 2015 brings for you and your talents. You always put out such great work Gloria!

7. Jessica says:

Love it! I definitely need to “just do it” more often. I also have a tendency to talk myself out of things -_-

Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

8. Eva says:

Happy 2015 Gloria ! Just do it! I always loved this mantra !

9. This couldn’t be a better motto for the new year, I also love the one ‘Just show up’ regarding social events that I don’t know anyone. Happy new year btw:)

10. Libby says:

I’m taking on that mantra too! It’s amazing how many simple things I put off regularly when I could just DO them and move forward. I’m trying to put in the effort, so I’ll be doing this in solidarity with you!

11. Kelsea Echo says:

I’m with you on this! Once, I made a list of 10 ambitious resolutions for a birthday post (on my old blog). I don’t know if I ended up doing a single one of them. This year, I just have one goal (come up with a weekly work schedule/organization plan that is effective for my blog & business) and everything else is just small/”I’ll try to do this more” stuff. :)

Anyway, “just do it” is an awesome way to go! Reminds me of my 2013 “resolution”/mantra, which was “Year of Yes”! I agreed to go to concerts and all sorts of events I usually don’t attend often. That was followed by 2014, the “Year of No”, because heck, people only have so much energy. :)

<3 Kelsea | Kels Shark

Glad you’re back and with such a positive attitude. This year’s gonna be great :)

13. lena says:

Love this mantra for the new year!

14. Jane Y. says:

For a second I thought you were describing me! I’m the same way. Oh boy. What a great mantra. ;)

15. Yuni says:

Just Do It – love it! I’m happy to see you back. I wish that 2015 will be a fantastic year for you, for trying new things you always want to do! Best of luck, Gloria! :)