measuring cup planter

Use them as mini planters :-) My cousin gave me a set of these whale measuring cups for Christmas, and they were WAY too cute to just toss in the kitchen drawer, so I’ve been trying to figure out alternative ways to use them around the house.

This teeny succulent was perfect for the 1/2 cup size! Just re-pot (this post was a helpful guide) and top off the soil with a handful of brightly colored pebbles. I used fish tank gravel from the pet store, which was cheap and came in lots of different happy hues!

measuring cup planter

I just love the extra pop of color this little whale is bringing to the house! Now what to do with his 3 other friends…

Be sure to stop by on Monday for a super duper exciting giveaway – happy Friday!

measuring cup planter

9 Responses to another use for measuring cups…

1. Megan says:

Totally fell in love with this! I just went to the Anthro store and bought my own whale measuring cups to make a succulent planter. Thanks so much for such a creative post! (: -xoxo

2. Pingback: Measuring Cup Planter | pinfollow.me feeds

3. Jane Y. says:

so cute and clever!!

4. Kim says:

i love this idea so cute and colorful :)

5. Pia says:

Just saw a set the other day used to organize jewelry on the dresser. I would definitely smash these the first time baking with them so it’s nice to see other uses!

6. This is the best and cutest idea! I have been on a manhunt looking for cute planters that aren’t the classic pots. Thank you for this post. :) -alex

skyscrapers & palm trees

7. Erin says:

What an adorable measuring cup, and an even cuter purpose for it! I’ve had my eye on a similar set from Anthropologie (as well as the little hedgehog set with tiny gold feet), but you’re right, they are too sweet to hide away in a drawer. You always come up with the neatest DIYs! xo

8. Regina says:

Hello Gloria.

What a beautiful measuring cup, I’ve never seen any so pretty, and what a great idea you had using it to hold succulents. By the way, I love your photos.

ps.: I’m going to pin this adorable idea :)