pregnancy announcement!

Hello friends! Sorry things have been so quiet around here lately. It’s just hard to stay behind a computer for longer than necessary when the temperature outside hits that perfect medium between warm and blazing hot! And the truth is I’ve also been rather busy working on a very special project the past few months, and although it’s not quite finished yet, I wanted to give you all a sneak peek…

pregnancy announcement

Yes, there’s a baby on the way! In early August, to be specific. The apartment is in utter chaos right now as we try to rearrange our entire home to make space for this nugget, but it’s so worth it to see stuffed animals and chunky books start to make their way onto our shelves :-)

Everyone keeps asking me how I feel, and physically? Pretty great! Mentally? Scared and excited to the Nth degree! When we first got Toby (after going to the breeder’s place to “just take a look”), I distinctly remember thinking “OMG what did we just do?? We don’t know how to take care of this thing!” on the car ride home with a squirming puppy in my lap. This is pretty much how I feel as the weeks fly by, poring over pregnancy forums and reviews for baby monitors and strollers and swaddles. It’s an overwhelming time, but I’m comforted by the little (and sometimes not so little!) kicks in my belly each day, and I know we’ll figure everything out together along the way. Toby turned out to be an upstanding gentleman after all, so how hard can all this baby stuff be, right? HA!

22 Responses to my greatest DIY ever!

1. Ahhhh, CONGRATULATIONS!! <3

2. amanda says:

Congrats, lady!!!

3. Congratulations!!! Babies are awesome. Babies AND dogs together are awesome- they become besties and make the cutest pics!

4. Pingback: All + Sundry » Blog Archive » 5 For Friday

5. Jane Y. says:

Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations!! :)

6. Sarah says:

Yay! Congrats, you really took your time sharing that news! I’m due mid-August and it’s been blog official for months lol! I think it’s only natural to feel a little apprehensive, but I am SURE that you’ll do great! When you bring that tiny bebe home from the hospital all they do is eat, sleep and poop for a while. You’ll be a pro at all that before they move on to crawling, eating etc. The changes come on gradually and you’ll learn how to deal with each one as you go. I feel that parenthood is both the biggest challenge and the most rewarding thing I’ve ever gotten myself into!

7. Oh my goodness, congratulations Gloria!!! That really is the best project ever! :D I’m sure you’re going to be a great mama :)

8. Lisa says:

Congratulations!! How exciting! I’m due in late October, and I know exactly what you mean by being mentally both scared and excited :)

9. Erin says:

Eeeeeee congratulations!!!! Oh you sweet thing, congratulations a million times over! How exciting!!! I cannot wait to see what magic you whip up for the little nugget’s nursery, and, of course, the little nugget itself! Are you guys going to find out the sex before, or is it going to be a surprise? So happy for you!! Toby, you’re going to be a big brother!! xo

10. Kyra says:

Oh, hooray and yay all together! What a cute idea of a blog announcement–fo sho the greatest “DIY”! August will be here before you know it!

11. Awww, congratulations, mama! That’s wonderful news! And you’re right, you will figure everything out along the way. Enjoy these last couple of months of pregnancy.
    xx

12. Birgit says:

Oooohhh congratulations!!!! Such exciting news!

13. Angela says:

Oh, congratulations!!

14. Congrats! I’m expecting my first early September. I know how you feel!!

15. Congratulations!!! No matter how many books/blogs/message boards you read or don’t read, just know that you’ve got this – once the baby comes out, your instincts will take over :)

• Jen says:

I totally agree with Sydney! My mom and husband always joke that I was like dead man walking going into the hospital to have my first. I was completely terrified. I can barely keep a plant alive so I couldn’t imagine keeping a human alive. But like Sydney says, instincts take over! And luckily they’re new at everything too, so if you make a mistake here or there, they don’t know the difference ;)

Congrats! I’m SO EXCITED for you!

PS Love the Thief and Bandit dress!!!

16. Rachel says:

Congrats!!!!!

17. Olivia says:

Congrats Gloria! So exciting.

18. lena says:

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!

19. Kaitlyn says:

Wow congrats!! also love your dress!! Is that Anna Bond or paper crown?

Awww yay – congrats to you and can’t wait to meet the newest addition!