My name is Gloria. I scour the high seas of the internet daily to find the cutest, the beautiful, and the most bodacious.
Recent Popular Posts
Author Archives: Gloria
Happy Friday! We’re taking a pass on all the Super Bowl fun this weekend to kick up our heels at a wedding instead – wahoo! I can’t say I’m too disappointed, since I usually pay more attention to the buffalo wings than the football anyway :-) This week I’m loving…
- This beautifully understated dual stone diamond ring from Artemer
- This schmancy looking DIY business card holder from Preciously Me that’s crafted out of a plastic gator!
- This “informative dresser” that teaches children (or extremely tired/hungover adults) to put their clothes away
- Superbowl food! If we were around for the game this weekend, I would definitely whip up a tray of these fajita potato bites from Jo Cooks
Corn Crab Chowder with Bacon from Olives & Garlic| Creamy Beef Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup from Czech in the Kitchen | Bacon Cheeseburger Soup from Shugary Sweets | Cantonese Wonton Noodle Soup from The Woks of Life
Winter turns me into a soup craving maniac, but unfortunately I only know how to make a few different ones thanks to my vast cooking repertoire. I’m determined to get a few new recipes under my belt before the end of the season, starting with these delicious bowls of goodness right here – slurp!
And if you do decide to whip up a pot of soup one of these days, DO NOT forget to make these cute bread roll hippos I spotted over at Handmade Charlotte. Aren’t they a riot?!
Everyone knows diamonds are a girl’s best friend…especially big soft ones you can take a nap on :-) I spotted this adorable pillow floating around the interwebs a while ago and was disappointed to see it wasn’t for sale anymore, so I decided to try making my own! I’ve never made any sort of pillow before, so it was a bit of a challenge, but all the nice straight geometric angles were rather nice to work with. Read on for the instructions and don’t be intimidated by all the steps – it’s quite easy when you break it all down!
What you’ll need:
- solid colored fabric
- white fabric paint
- sewing pins
- sewing machine
- poly-fil stuffing
- Fold a piece of fabric in half and cut out a 22″x18″ rectangle, starting from the folded edge (this will help keep the two pieces of fabric together until you cut)
- Use a ruler and pencil to draw a vertical line down the center at the halfway point (in this case, 11″). This side will end up on the inside of the pillow, so don’t worry about marking it up!
- Then draw a 12″ horizontal line about 1″ down from the top edge, centered on the vertical line (so 6″ on both the left and right sides). About 5.75″ down from this line, draw a centered 20″ line running parallel to the first
- Make a mark about 1.5″ from the bottom edge of the center line for the bottom point of the diamond. Connect all the outer points of the lines to create the full diamond shape
- Add a .25″ seam around the entire perimeter of the diamond, then cut it out
- Now that you have two separate fabric pieces, move the pencil marked layer aside. Tape off a 1″ perimeter (this should be a little thicker than the inner lines due to the extra seam border) around the second layer of fabric and paint it in with fabric paint
- Peel the tape off when the paint is dry. Then tape off and paint a .75″ thick line spanning across the width of the diamond and paint. When THAT’s dry, tape off and paint .75″ thick lines in the top section
- Once all the paint has dried, place the layer with the pencil markings directly on top of the painted one. Pin together and break out your sewing machine!
- Sew along the seam line you marked earlier, but leave a few inches unstitched to create an opening big enough to fit your hand through
- Flip the fabric inside out through the gap, so that your diamond lines are now on the outside
- Now for the fun part – fill up the pillow with stuffing!
- When your pillow is nice and full, hand sew the gap closed (this invisible stitch tutorial came in handy for me)
- Go show off your new bling!
Happy Friday! I’ll be channeling badass Katniss Everdeen this weekend because we’re taking a class at an archery range that recently opened in the area! I’ve never done it before, so I’m super excited to get acquainted with a bow & arrow – let’s just hope there are no Hunger Games type injuries (fingers crossed). This week I’m loving…
- These ADORABLE matching BFF collar/bracelet sets for you and your pup from Friendship Collar. Wouldn’t it be awkward if your dog wanted someone else to wear the bracelet?
- This gorgeous diamond pendant cage light from Panselinos
- This DIY iPad holder made out of copper piping from A Bubbly Life that makes me want to pay Home Depot a visit ASAP
- The playful design of this Whale of a Time plate set from Yvonne Ellen. They add so much fun to the table!
Someone once gifted me a betta fish for my 8th birthday, and although my memory of the event is a bit hazy, I can only imagine that my reaction was THANK YOU BUT I REALLY WISH THIS WAS A PUPPY. Fish swimming around in their closed off aquariums have never been particularly interesting to me, but these incredible photos by Visarute Angkatavanich really smashed that barrier into smithereens! The amount of detail captured in each crystal clear shot is just mesmerizing – these teeny fish look so regal with their elegant fins flowing out like designer gowns! There are a lot more shots in the series, so be sure to check out all the fishy beauties here!
1. Sweet Treats Pineapple Box from Imm Living | 2. 'Burger with Gold Fillings' Embroidered Artwork from Flirting With Yellow | 3. Aelfie Saelfie Pillow from Nasty Gal | 4. Gummy Bear Magnets from Give Simple | 5. Eye Hide Box from Areaware | 6. Bugs shoe from Minna Parikka | 7. Confection Woven Basket from LEIF
The gray skies of winter always make me thirsty (is this how kids are saying it these days?) for all things bright and cheery. Here are some fun picks that’ll spice up your season with their off-the-chart colors!