My name is Gloria. I scour the high seas of the internet daily to find the cutest, the beautiful, and the most bodacious.
Recent Popular Posts
Author Archives: Gloria
Happy Halloween from this tasty little pineapple I picked up at the grocery store! He’s always absolutely thrilled when Halloween comes around – can you see it in his face? And here and here? Toby’s costume this year was super duper easy to make. I stapled a piece of elastic to a toilet paper tube and layered green construction paper leaves around it for his hat, and used some markers to draw a geometric pattern on a kids yellow tee. A girl we met on the street commented that the costume would translate well into a human costume too, and I totally agree!
On another note – Hubs and I were reading in bed last night when out of the corner of my eye, I saw the closet door on his side of the bed suddenly shut by itself à la Paranormal Activity. To say I freaked out would be an understatement!! So we peered over, half expecting to find some gruesome goblin, and…we found one! It turns out that Toby was in such a deep sleep that he toppled halfway out of his bed, causing his leg to hit the closet door. He totally got me back or dressing him up as a piece of fruit :-) Well played, Toby, well played.
Wishing you all a safe and fun night!
What will you be cooking up in your cauldron on Halloween night? I think this ghostly shepherd’s pie will be on the menu at our house (along with a pound of candy, of course)
1. Favorite Reversible Printed Jacket from Gap | 2. Lion Nightlight from Jonathan Adler | 3. Helen Dardik Nesting Dolls from Leo & Bella | 4. jChew Chocolate Bar Silicone Teether via Amazon | 5. Ko-Ko-Ko Knitted Cloud Pillow from Jelanieé | 6. Lion Booties from UncommonGoods | 7. Oooo Baby Baby Framed Print from Jasmine Nora Jones | 8. Twisted Pretzels Bubble Leggings from Kira
A couple of our expectant friends and family members are choosing not to know the baby’s gender and are gearing up for a big surprise at the end of the road instead! I would almost certainly keel over in anticipation, so I must applaud their superhuman willpower :-) It’s been refreshing not to have to navigate through the usual sea of pinks and blues while searching for gifts, so I decided to put together a few of my favorite finds! Dear NYC friends, I’m totally buying all of your future babies those little pretzel leggings – too cute!
The first thing that popped into my head when I saw this photo my husband took of me and Toby while we were at my aunt’s house a few weeks ago was…
Hope you all get out there and enjoy the fall weather this weekend!
Remember when temporary tattoos became a part of my DIY arsenal? Well here it is again with a fun Halloween twist! Imagine finding a leggy cockroach or giant eyeball staring at you from the bottom of a delicious cocktail – I would probably throw my glass clear across the room in terror! This DIY is particularly fun because it uses regular old drinking glasses, so no one will suspect that they’ve been rigged with creepy crawlies! If you’re feeling extra evil, just alter one glass when you have a few friends over, fill up their glasses and see who ends up screaming their head off later into the night :-) Halloween roulette, anyone??
Here’s what you’ll need:
- an assortment of creepy and gross temporary tattoos (I found mine on clearance at Party City in the “gory doctor” costume section)
- a few drinking glasses with flat unmarked bottoms
- Flip a clean and dry glass upside down so the flat surface is facing upwards
- Remove the tattoo’s clear protective covering, and center it face down on the bottom of the glass
- Place a wet paper towel against it and gently press down until it’s thoroughly wet. Wait 30 seconds, then carefully peel off the paper backing
- Carefully dab away any excess water around the tattoo, and leave the glass upside down until it’s COMPLETELY dry. If there’s any moisture left, your tattoo may stick to the surface when placed right side up and be ruined (sad face)
- Fill up the glasses with a dark colored drink for the best effect – red wine, or a bit of grape juice with seltzer water as I’ve done here
- Time to party!
And the best part? The effect is completely temporary! A dip in hot soapy water with a sponge will de-spookify your glasses pronto.
Innovative, whimsical, and off-the-charts cray cray are just a few words I would use to describe Kobi Levi’s shoe line. It may not be cheap to own one of these little works of art, but you’ll never have to worry about someone else showing up to an event in the same pair of flamingo pumps, that’s for sure!