Help! I can’t seem to stop clicking through the colorful portfolio of Canadian photographer Andrew B. Myers! He has perfected a striking visual style that makes his images look almost like illustrations, and the playful feel of his photography is a fun contrast against the meticulously arranged compositions. Check out more of his work here – it’ll make you smile!
Creme Posy Dress | Navy Stripe Wide Brim Sun Hat | Parisian Pink Snood Scarf | French Navy Bouquet Swimsuit | Gold Squirrel Earrings | Lottie Shoes
I usually start pulling out my luggage filled with summer clothes from under the bed (yay apartment living!) after Memorial Day has been crossed off the calendar. It’s always fun to re-stock my closet with old favorites and reassess if I REALLY need to hold onto that tie dyed tube top from college. The answer to that is no, absolutely not.
Of course the upside to freeing up closet space means being able to stock up on fun items like these picks from British retailer, Joules! Their new summer arrivals are making me daydream about strolling along the beach in a floppy hat and perusing street fairs in polka dot sneakers. I’m especially smitten with this this white shift dress with a splash a flowers across the top – what a beautiful twist on a classic piece!
Happy Friday! The weather forecast looks a bit gloomy, but hopefully the sun will come out long enough for us to fire up the grill and celebrate the unofficial start of summer. Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend! This week I’m loving…
- This unbelievably cute reindeer hook from Garden Glory – a perfect match for that bright pink garden hose!
- All the sprinkly colorful tiers of this birthday cake from Cakewalk
- These spooning spoons (tee hee) by Randi Brookman Harris, a prop stylist and creative director – really love her work!
- These prehistoric corn on the cob holders via The Awesomer. Didn’t you know that dinosaurs make great dinner guests?
1. Leather Fox Wallet from Small Queue | 2. Donut Magnets from CreaShines | 3. Believe In Your #Selfie Print from Mottos | 4. Succulent Planer from Viruset Studio | 5. Mint and Gold Hand Painted Ceramic Coasters from The Coastal | 6. Felt Laptop Sleeve from UR-Pick | 7. Graphic Drinking Glasses from Erin Flett
No matter what happens in life, I can always count on Etsy to be a treasure trove of whimsical finds. Here are a few handmade goodies that have caught my eye recently, and they’re all under $40 – hooray! I would never forget to carry my business cards around if they were housed in that adorable fox wallet!
Crafty folks: Got a stack of colorful scrap paper laying around? Throw a party for your walls using this easy confetti decal tutorial from Wee Birdy!
Not-so-crafty folks: If the mere thought of having to cut out each piece of confetti makes your hands sore, then this cheerful decal set from The Lovely Wall is for you!
via Strictly Paper
Talk about a head turning little white dress! These stunning creations were put together for a thesis project by Uruguay-based designers, Mercedes Arocena and Lucia Benitez, and I’m going to go ahead and guess that they passed with flying colors. This collection, aptly named “Nintai” (the Japanese word for patience), required the duo to experiment with different fabrics to find one suitable for holding sharp creases while being pliable enough to be molded to the human form. Then they used origami techniques to painstakingly build nearly 200 geometric modules that were then attached to each dress. I’m really in awe of the final dresses, which seem surprisingly wearable despite their rigid structures!