Happy Friday! This weekend I’ll be scrambling around town for a few last minute gifts, meeting up with friends, and squeezing in the obligatory visit to the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, which just happens to be from my hometown this year – hooray! This week I’m loving…
- These festive looking sugared cranberry & brie bites from Midwest Living
- This giant safety pin from Not on the High Street that…you can use to organize your washi tape collection? Sign me up!
- These gorgeous floral owl sculptures that are on display in a Taiwanese public garden. Can someone in NYC please recreate this here? Thanks
- This “Live Simply” print that perfectly embodies my New Year’s resolution
PS. 24 Merry Days is still going strong. Don’t forget to enter to win a $150 gift card to Oh Hello Friend – it’s open readers worldwide!
Hot Cocoa in Parishish | Twinkly Lights in Sacramento | Snowflakes in Qumpellka No 12 | Home Alone in Bender | Candy Canes in Anderson Four Feather Falls | Snowmen in Hatcheck | Christmas Carols in Ballpark | Ice Skating in Combustion BRK | Flannel Pajamas in Graham Hand | Mittens in Tightrope
The official start of winter is just around the corner, so I hope you’ll enjoy this round up of free fonts with a mug of hot chocolate, in front of a crackling fire…or in my case, a video of a crackling fire :-) Enjoy!
Welcome to Day #18 of 24 Merry Days, folks! I have an incredible giveaway lined up for you today – a $150 gift certificate to Oh Hello Friend, which you can use online OR at the brick and mortar store in Fullerton, CA. Danni’s store has a charming vintage feel to it, and it’s absolutely chock full of carefully curated goodies for crafters, decorators, and antique seekers alike. Her custom designed rubber stamps and wooden gift tags are a must-have in my book!
This giveaway ends on December 25, 2013 at 11:59PM PST and is open to readers worldwide, so there’s no excuse not to enter. One winner will be randomly chosen and contacted by email – good luck!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
And of course the fun doesn’t end here :-) Be sure to check out 24 Merry Days for more awesome giveaways leading up to Christmas. Some fab prizes up for grabs right now include some fab shoes, a stunning necklace, and gifts from The Land of Nod and Baba Souk, just to name a few!
1. White Confetti iPhone 5 case from Cynthia Rowley | 2. Glitter Bow Show Clips from Ban.do | 3. Sequin Sleeve Twill Jacket from Nordstrom | 4. Black Glitter Lip Coin Purse from Lulu Guinness| 5. Keds x kate spade new york Sneakers from Bloomingdale's
Why save all the glitter and sequins for special occasions? May your days be merry and bright with these perfect-for-every-day sparkles!
PS. Be sure to come back tomorrow for my 24 Merry Days giveaway!
I know some people absolutely loathe this task, but one of the highlights of Christmas for me is all the gift wrapping I get to do!! While I drool over all the beautifully printed gift wrap out there, it pains me to know that all that pricy paper will just get shredded and tossed into the garbage at the end of the day. As a result, I almost always go with plain brown kraft paper – it’s super cheap, and you can have a lot of fun thinking of ways to glam them up for your friends and family! Here’s a sneak peek at what’s under our tree this year…
I made my own shiny gold star stickers (wish I had known this little trick in elementary school, haha) by cutting up this metallic contact paper, which is one of new favorite crafting supplies – it’s amazing! I like the look of organic, imperfect stars, so I just freehanded them in varying sizes on the back of the contact paper and cut them out without fussing over it too much. After applying the starry stickers in a random fashion, I then wrapped the presents with some bakers twine and topped them off with some jingly bells and sprigs of our Christmas tree :-) So easy, and the spray of gold stars really elevates the ol’ humble kraft paper in a very pretty way! .
PS. 24 Merry Days may be half over, but there are still LOTS of incredible prizes ahead!!
One last gift guide for y’all as you wind down (umm or start) your holiday shopping!
- Have the best dressed flowers on the block with these whimsical Dress Up vases from Fitzsu
- Everyone powdering their nose in the bathroom will have a good laugh over this Mr T roll holder from Animi Causa
- A cup of chocolate milk served up in this dairy cow milk glass from Art Fire would be udderly delightful (sorry)