Happy Friday! We are off to our friends’ wedding this weekend, which will be an extra special affair because I’ve known both the bride and groom since MIDDLE school! Totally looking forward to all the embarrassing stories I’ll be able to share with the other guests :-) This week I’m loving…
- The pattern mixing going on in this gorgeous house from Home Life. Striped walls + chevron tiled floors = swoon
- Boozy childhood treats like these icy cocktail snow cones from Honestly Yum
- This fun set of stackable tiki glasses from CB2 that would make every day feel like a staycation
- This whimsically chic lobster claw bangle from Tiffany Chou – you can’t find a better summer accessory than this, folks!
1. Confetti Ipad Case from Britt Bass Turner | 2. Bonnard Business Card by Anagrama | 3. Neon Watercolor Tea Towels from Furbish Studio | 4. Sketchbook Ceramic Candle from ILLUME | 5. Belinda Marshall Watch from May28TH | 6. Neon Leather Pouch from Boo and Boo Factory | 7. Color Study No.9 Pillow by Emily Rickard via Society6
I’m not a very good artistic painter (my middle school art teacher might even use the word “terrible”), but that definitely doesn’t stop me from drooling over anything that’s covered in a bold pattern of vibrant colorful brushstrokes. My house would be a full blown modern museum if I brought home all the little abstract “masterpieces” I’ve admired over the years!
Crafty folks: Ji Kim of Blooms in the Air creates some of the PRETTIEST paper flowers I’ve ever seen, and she shared a tutorial for her peonies over at Freutcake. Now where can I order crepe paper by the ton?
Not-so-crafty folks: Skip all the work and brighten up a room instantly with this plush bouquet from Mazziflowers!
via Fast Company
Parents are usually advised to leave the office behind when they come home to their family, but sometimes the two worlds can overlap for some seriously incredible results! Artist Tommy Perez started the “A to Zoë” project to share his love of design with his adorable 2 year old daughter and help her get a head start on learning the alphabet – what a lucky kid! Using mostly Zoë’s favorite foods, he artfully arranges them into their corresponding first letter for a delicious lesson any toddler would enjoy. Check out the in-progress project, along with a whole lot of other eye candy, on Perez’s Flickr stream!
“Are we SURE we bought enough hot dogs? Maybe I should count them again…”
Wishing you all a wonderful long weekend filled with fireworks, watermelon, and sunscreen! And hopefully not too much rain from Tropical Storm Arthur [Debbie Downer trombone sound]. Happy 4th of July, friends!
Statue of Liberty Cookies from Pink Martinis and Pearls | Red White and Blueberry Popsicles The View from Great Island | Fruity Ice Cubes from The Chic Table | Patriotic Oreo Pops from Makoodle
Here are a few festive treat ideas to add an extra dose of fun to your upcoming 4th of July weekend! I don’t know if I have the skills to take on those INCREDIBLE Statue of Liberty cookies, but Oreo pops and fruit filled ice cubes are right up my alley!