Anniversary Wine Boxes from Wine For A Wedding | 2. Happily Ever After Pillow from Alexandra Ferguson | 3. Two Of A Kind Bar Belles Hiball Set from | 4. Cheese & Crackers Serving Board from UncommonGoods | 5. Custom Wedding Papercut from Epic Layers | 6. Peas Pass the Salt and Pepper Shaker Set from ModCloth
Sometimes when your favorite people in the world get married, it can be hard to celebrate their joyous occasion by buying them a nice and practical vacuum cleaner or toaster oven. Don’t get me wrong – a toasted sandwich is delicious, but where’s the fun in that? Here are a few unique goodies that’ll stand out from the rest of the gift table AND secure your position as #1 wedding guest. I’ll gladly toast to that!
Thank you so much for your sweet messages the other week – I’m feeling a whole lot better, so we’re back in business over here!
Crafty folks: Whipping up an Easter menu full of egg dishes? Save those shells and turn them into a mini garden with this easy DIY from Home Shoppe.
Not-so-crafty folks: If cleaning out slimy egg shells is not at the top of your to do list, these porcelain egg planters from Revisions Design are an adorable (and durable) alternative!
Happy Friday! After somehow twisting my ankle AND coming down with a fever over the past few days, I’m going to take the hint and take a week off from the blog to pull myself together before my head falls off too. See you guys back here in a week! This week I’m loving…
- This beautiful wood ring box from Woodstorming that would make any wedding engagement just a tad bit sweeter
- The blue waters of the world’s largest swimming pool at the San Alfonso del Mar Resort in Chile, which holds an incredible 66 million gallons of water. Bucket listed!
- Pretty much everything about this star filled toddler room decorated by SISSY+MARLEY from Mom’s Best, especially that teeny tiny bed
- These clever baby shower invitations from The Indigo Bunting that look like perfect little dumplings
PS. This goes against the whole “resting up” thing, but I’ve been working on an incredibly exciting project I just can’t wait to share with you all. Details soon!
“It’s the best part! It’s crunchy, it’s explosive…it’s where the muffin breaks free of the pan and does its own thing” – Seinfeld
I wish I could jump into my TV and high five Elaine Benes for that hilarious quote because that lady is absolutely right. Muffin tops are SO much more delicious than their stumpy companions, and I really wish Elaine was a real person so I could send her this recipe for muffin top cookies! I don’t whip up sweets too often, but several batches of these cookies have been made and gobbled up by friends and family over the past few months. The taste of fresh blueberries with a hint of lemon is just delicious, and getting all that muffin top goodness without wasting a crumb? Nothing short of genius.
Blueberry Muffin Top Cookies (adapted from Iowa Girl Eats)
2 cups flour
2 tsps baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
⅓ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsps lemon zest
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Cream together the softened butter and sugar. Then beat in the egg, along with the milk, vanilla extract, and lemon zest
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients little by little until well combined. Then gently fold in the blueberries
- Refrigerate the dough for an hour. Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (about 6 per sheet)
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool, and sprinkle a little extra sugar on top for good measure.
- Dig in!
1. Alice in Wonderland Hollow Book Safe from Virtual Distortion | 2. Reusable "Paper" Dinner Plate from Amazon | 3. Crinkle Bag Vase from MoMA Store | 4. Stone Poufs from fivetimesone | 5. Stuck Up Magnet Set from Perpetual Kid
These innocent looking goodies aren’t quite what they seem, so go ahead and take a nap on a pile of rocks! While you’re at it, stick a few wads of chewed up gum on the fridge, and throw those paper plates right into the sink too :-) Happy April Fools’ Day!
Hello Floral T-Shirt from Hello Merch | Linen Embroidered Bird Tee from J.Crew | Donuts Tee from Beloved | Como Estas Tee from Buy Me Brunch
We’ve finally made it to Friday, people. It’s time to pull on a super comfy tee and celebrate! I went ahead and picked out a few for you so you could get a headstart on all your weekend fun – have a good one!