“It’s the best part! It’s crunchy, it’s explosive…it’s where the muffin breaks free of the pan and does its own thing” – Seinfeld
I wish I could jump into my TV and high five Elaine Benes for that hilarious quote because that lady is absolutely right. Muffin tops are SO much more delicious than their stumpy companions, and I really wish Elaine was a real person so I could send her this recipe for muffin top cookies! I don’t whip up sweets too often, but several batches of these cookies have been made and gobbled up by friends and family over the past few months. The taste of fresh blueberries with a hint of lemon is just delicious, and getting all that muffin top goodness without wasting a crumb? Nothing short of genius.
Blueberry Muffin Top Cookies (adapted from Iowa Girl Eats)
2 cups flour
2 tsps baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
⅓ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsps lemon zest
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Cream together the softened butter and sugar. Then beat in the egg, along with the milk, vanilla extract, and lemon zest
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients little by little until well combined. Then gently fold in the blueberries
- Refrigerate the dough for an hour. Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (about 6 per sheet)
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool, and sprinkle a little extra sugar on top for good measure.
- Dig in!
1. Alice in Wonderland Hollow Book Safe from Virtual Distortion | 2. Reusable "Paper" Dinner Plate from Amazon | 3. Crinkle Bag Vase from MoMA Store | 4. Stone Poufs from fivetimesone | 5. Stuck Up Magnet Set from Perpetual Kid
These innocent looking goodies aren’t quite what they seem, so go ahead and take a nap on a pile of rocks! While you’re at it, stick a few wads of chewed up gum on the fridge, and throw those paper plates right into the sink too :-) Happy April Fools’ Day!
Hello Floral T-Shirt from Hello Merch | Linen Embroidered Bird Tee from J.Crew | Donuts Tee from Beloved | Como Estas Tee from Buy Me Brunch
We’ve finally made it to Friday, people. It’s time to pull on a super comfy tee and celebrate! I went ahead and picked out a few for you so you could get a headstart on all your weekend fun – have a good one!
Rainboots in Odin Rounded | Trench Coat in Znikomit | Fresh Flowers in Silent Reaction | Spring Cleaning in 5AM Gender | Easter Eggs in Metropolis 1920 | Open Windows in Chomp | Bike Rides in Thin Grotesk Serif | Peeps in Sandwich Paper Light | Pastels in Saffron Too | Daylight in Deco Neue
After one of the snowiest winters known to humanity, I’m more than ready to trade in my gloves for ballet flats. Spring in NYC is such a beautiful time – I can’t wait to fling open the windows and fill the house with tulips & peonies!
Crafty folks: Put your pretty rock collection on display by turning them into drawer knobs with this DIY tutorial from Casa Sugar.
Not-so-crafty folks: Pick up a polished agate handle set from West Elm to add instant natural beauty to your furniture!
Happy Friday! This week I’m loving…
- This adorable bling baby teether from Give Simple for babies with expensive tastes
- These tasty looking iced chocolate drinks from Taste and Tell that would be perfect to sip on in warmer weather (hint hint, Mother Nature)
- This interactive birthday card from W+K Studio, where you color in the number of birthday candles needed!
- These fun and easy Sharpie marker Easter eggs from mom.me – the pink bunny is so cute!