1. Silicone Lips iPhone 5S/5 Case | 2. Scallop Lace Top | 3. Royal Doulton Bright Colors Salad Plate | 4. Kate Spade Apple Bank | 5. Hearts Getaway Duffle Bag | 6. "Falling Fast" Top Shop Lipstick
Red is an extra lucky color today for my peoples, so I hope this post brings you a bit of good juju :-) Happy Chinese New Year, friends!
When I first started pining for a French bulldog to call my own, I often dreamed of all the fun we would have traipsing around NYC together. I would tuck my pup into a cute tote bag, and off we would go onto the subway! Umm yeah, this definitely didn’t work out quite as planned… Toby turned out to be a 35 pound beast with the density of a black hole, whose travel bag is the size of a large duffle bag I can’t carry more than a few steps at a time.
My dreams of having a purse dog were shattered until I spotted this hilarious “Big Dog Purse” by the whimsical experts at Cargo Collective! “Hey girl, what are you up to?” “Oh nothing, just out for a walk with my dog.” Check out the site for a cute video of Milo the dog turning shoppers’ heads as they nonchalantly peruse a boutique clothing store!
Happy Friday the 13th! We’re planning a little jaunt to California next month, and I can’t wait to leave my puffy coat behind to bask in all that glorious sunshine! We’ll be driving up the coast from Los Angeles to San Jose over the course of a few days – any must-see stops we should make along the way?? This week I’m loving…
1. IMM Living Hedgehog Container via Amazon | 2. Swan Necklace from Bottica | 3. Duck Leg Mirror from Clayton Gray Home | 4. Cat Breadboard from Studio Orijin | 5. Oink Ceramic Piggy Bank from GSelect | 6. Hoof Legged Accent Table from Z Gallerie | 7. Shark Bowl via Amazon
Toby tearing around the place like a wild beast is usually enough chaos for me, but I must say that I wouldn’t mind welcoming a few of these quirky critters into our home with open arms!
Confession time: I really like bread. And by “like” I mean my roommates in college used to call me the “bread monster” due to the alarming rate I would eat all the doughy goodness in the house. To this day, a simple slice (or three) of golden brown toast topped off with a bit of butter is enough to make it a good day for me. And yet there are times in life when you need to take things up a notch, and in these instances, I break out the cinnamon butter! I mean, a delicious mix of cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla swirled together onto your toast in one fell buttery swoop? Pardon me while I drool on myself over here. Learn how to share this sweet slice of heaven with your valentine below!
Sweet Cinnamon Butter
1 stick of salted butter
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp light brown sugar
1 4 ounce mason jar (optional)
- Zap the butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds so the consistency becomes super soft, but not yet melted
- Plop it into the food processor along with the cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar, and pulse until smooth
- Jar up that delicious butter mixture (my whole batch fit perfectly into one 4oz jar), and surprise your schmoopy with a sweet treat!
And don’t forget to top off your jar with one of these “For my butter half” labels – your valentine totally LOVES terrible puns, right? I made some gift tags too in case you want to package it up in something other than a mason jar!
Download a printable label here!
Apple of My Eye from Old English Company | Better Half from Hands Off My Dinosaur| XO Love from Rain City Prints | You're Mine and I'm Yours and the World is Ours from Shuffle Prints | You and I Ampersand from Budi Satria Kwan | I Like You from Gemma Correll
Couples everywhere will soon be showering each other with chocolates and flowers for Valentine’s Day, but who needs a calendar to remind you to be nice to your snuggle bunny?! Celebrate your love all year round with these cute love-themed prints