Treasure Hunt | Black Birds | Resurrection
Dreams DO come true, especially if you’re JeeYoung Lee! This incredible South Korean artist spends several weeks (and even months) transforming her tiny 3x6m studio into unbelievably elaborate worlds inspired by her personal life and traditional Korean fables. In fact, her attention to detail is so sharp that none of these photographs are manipulated by Photoshop! My favorite scene is “Treasure Hunt”, which perfectly captures the joy and wonder of childhood…minus giant grasshoppers, of course. Check out the rest of JeeYoung’s surreal sets here!
Happy Friday! This week I’m loving…
- This incredible snippet of Spanish moss grafitti by graphic designer Hayli Alyce, via Design Taxi.
- This patterned quilt set from Beneath the Sun – waking up wrapped up in all that color would be bliss!
- Eggs benedict con queso from Confections of a Foodie Bride, because swimsuit season is, thankfully, still a few months away
- This quirky hands bowl from the MoMA Store
Crafty folks: Put on your safety glasses and break out the power tools (yippee!!) to create this adorable heart shaped cutting board from Henry Happened.
Not-so-crafty folks: Rather fond of having all your fingers? Do it the jig saw-free way with these olive wood beauties over at Not On The High Street. They’re even ethically sourced and produced!
As a designer, I often find myself drawn to the same colors over and over again – shades of blue and gray are my happy place! Unfortunately there’s nothing more annoying than finding the perfect palette for a particular project before realizing you’ve already used it in 5 other things. Sigh. New color inspiration to the rescue! After spending some quality time with Photoshop, here are a few fun pairings I’ve come up with on the road to color exploration!
1. Polka Dot Foldover Crossbody Bag from Made By Hank | 2. 'At the Party' Minaudiere from Nordstrom | 3. Scallop Bar Satchel Bag from ASOS | 4. Reversible Vegan Leather Oversized Tote Bag from Urban Outfitters | 5. Cambridge Satchel Upwardly Mobile Satchel from ModCloth
If I had to choose between shoes and purses, I’d go with purses every time…ok, well ALMOST every time. Functional, colorful, humongous, patterned, textured – I love them all! It makes me laugh whenever my husband exasperatedly asks why I need so many different ones because, umm, do you not see all the PRETTY?
Why hellooooo there! You must be tired from running through my dreams all night…wink wink :-) Happy Valentine’s Day from our fur ball casanova!