My name is Gloria. I scour the high seas of the internet daily to find the cutest, the beautiful, and the most bodacious.
Recent Popular Posts
Tag Archives: halloween treats
What will you be cooking up in your cauldron on Halloween night? I think this ghostly shepherd’s pie will be on the menu at our house (along with a pound of candy, of course)
I always shriek with delight when my channel surfing this time of year brings me to one of my favorite Halloweeny movies, “Arachnophobia”! It’s simultaneously funny and gross and terrifying (I’m STILL severely traumatized by the jumping spider in the shower scene) and a true childhood classic for me. And is there a better way to celebrate this campy 90’s horror movie than with a batch of creepy spider cupcakes?? I think not! Read on to learn how to transform innocent cupcakes into an arachnophobe’s worst nightmare!
What you’ll need:
- a box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 can each of vanilla (I found a seasonal version that was tinted orange) and chocolate frosting
- a piping bag with a narrow tip
- small malted milk balls like Whoppers
- Lindt Lindor truffles or any other large round milk chocolate candy
- orange sprinkles and red confetti sprinkles (optional)
- Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the box, and let them cool
- Frost those babies with vanilla frosting! I went the extra mile and piped it on using a zig zag pattern so the spider would have a flat surface to sit on, but it’s certainly not necessary
- Place a Whopper and a truffle in the center of a cupcake to create the spider body
- Load up a clean piping bag with a few large spoonfuls of chocolate frosting, and use a narrow tip to add a dab of frosting between the candy to “glue” them together. Then pipe on some long spooky spider legs
- Place two orange sprinkles in front of the head for eyes/fangs
- The truffles I used featured a little indentation mark, so I added a dab of frosting and covered it up with a red confetti sprinkle for a black widow look
- Serve up your platter of spider cupcakes and wait for your guests to scream in terror – muhahaha!